Wednesday, March 02, 2005

My New Granddaughter

Yes, this is one of those interruptions. God has created life again! This time it is very close to home! I now have a granddaughter. This is my first. I am so excited and thankful.
So many thoughts go through my head. Little Emily is so precious and innocent. How could anyone not love her? How could anyone ever think about taking the life of an unborn child - of any child at any age?
I am drawn to the words of Jesus, "Unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 18:4). Why is that? Is it because of their innocence? Is it because of their sponge-like minds? Is it because then, and only then, as little children Jesus has first crack at winning our hearts and souls?
I have a hard time imagining myself as little Emily. That is what Jesus requires.

Be Strong and Courageous,

L.T.

Emily Trcka
Born - February 27, 2005 6:22 P.M. Texas Time
Weight - 8 lb. 13 oz.
Length - 20"

2 comments:

faithfollower said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
faithfollower said...

And a beautiful young lady she is Larry. She must take after her mother and grandmother. You might want to check her out on http://faithfollower.blogspot.com/
.

Love You Brother,
Greg