Monday, March 28, 2005

Who is Jesus #38 (Savior Cont.)

Maybe the problem is that I do not know what I need saving from. The annoucement from the angel said, "He will save His people from their sins." I can think of a lot of things I might need saving from, but what is this sin thing?
I need to be saved from fear, from procrastination (when I get around to it), from the threat of terrorism,, etc. Maybe, most of all, I need to be saved from myself.
Sin is what has separated me from God. That's it! I need to be saved from the position I have assumed realtive to God because of my sin.
Is it sin that produces the fear? Is it sin that that make me put things off? It is sin that affects the relationship I have with God.
I do need saving from myself. I let sin inside. Jesus is the only way for it to get out. He washes it away and I stand before God cleansed, not because of me but because of Him - the Savior.

Be Strong and Courageous,

L.T.

No comments: