Monday, March 21, 2005

Who is Jesus #33 (Savior Cont.)

There was that time when I was stuck out on 635-LBJ late in the afternoon and trying to get home from work and my car died and would not start. That's a pretty unnerving situation. Hundreds - thousands - of cars zipping by as fast a traffic would allow (which at that time on LBJ in Dallas, TX is not all that fast). There were those who would honk and wave as they drove by.
This was before I owned a cell phone, so I had leave my car on the side of the road and walk up the embankment to an IHOP and call for a tow truck.
I hadn't been back to my car for very long when this white pick-up pulled over and out jumped Bob. I hadn't seen Bob in a long time. We had been good buddies but our lives had taken us in different directions.
About the time he arrived, the tow truck came on the scene and the two of them worked together on my car. My car needed more help than I thought it did.
I hadn't expected Bob to drop by and I wasn't really aware of how badly I needed help.
"But when the time had fully come, God sent His son, born of a woman, ....(Galatians 4:4). God sent my soul saving deliverer at just the right time - right when I and the entire world could see Him for who He was and is and He saved us from "stuff" that we didn't even know was wrong.
He knew what was wrong and came to the rescue and we didn't even expect it.

Be Strong and Courageous,
L.T.

No comments: