Thursday, March 03, 2005

Who is Jesus #22 (Bread Cont.)

Well, I could ramble on about my new granddaughter, Emily; but, back to Jesus as the Bread of Life that comes down from Heaven.
I just finished reading, re-reading, the account of Jesus sharing, for the first time, with His apostles what we have come to call the Lord's Supper. They were observing the Passover meal as any good Jew would be doing; but, this was different. The Passover bread/meal was there and in the middle of this sacred feast, Jesus adds something to it.
"While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, 'Take and eat; this is my body'"(Matt. 26:26). The Bread of Life takes the bread and says, "This is me."
The Lord's Supper offers a very special time for us to remember - meditate - worship - the Bread of Life. The "bread" of the supper points us to the "Bread' of life. It is all tied together somehow; I can't figure it out - but it is Awesome.
It will have an impact on me the next time I have the blessing to partake.

Be Strong and Courageous,

L.T.

No comments: