Thursday, March 24, 2005

Who is Jesus #36 (Savior Cont.)

One thing that amazes me in the story of Zacchaeus, is that the Savior - Son of God - sits right down in fellowship with the tax collector.
When Jesus saw Zac. up in that tree, He could have said, "Come down, I need to talk to you." He could have said nothing. He could have said, "Come down, all of these people you have cheated want to see you." What he did say was - in so many words - I want to be with you and you need to be with me. "I'm going to your house."
Fellowship with the Son of God! That thought boggles my feeble mind.
Maybe, just maybe, that is the way it has to be before salvation can come. Why not just sit down with Jesus and learn about Him, talk with Him, even laugh with Him? Get to know Him and what He has to offer.
Come on in Jesus, though not as good as what you have to offer, my house is Your house.

Be Strong and Courageous,

L.T.

No comments: