Friday, February 25, 2005

Who is Jesus #21 (Bread Cont.)

666 - a bad number. A sinister number. An evil number. There is a verse in the Bible with that number - John 6:66. I wonder if that was an accident or not, that the number of this verse is 666?? That verse says, "From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him." What a bad, sinister, evil verse!
They got up and walked away from the table! The BREAD OF LIFE was right there in front of them. Not only did they refuse to partake and indulge, but they left.
I remember as kid the only time I left the table while my plate was still full was when my parents told to me to "leave the table" because of something I had said or done. Usually that was followed with applying the board of education to the seat of the problem. Beyond those occasions, when a full plate was in front of me, I ate.
My heart cries out to these people in John 6. "Don't get up from the table!" "Your bread is served and ready to eat."
Of course, my thoughts then turn to my own life and how I have gotten up and left the table while the bread of life was served fresh and piping hot. I guess I thought I had something more important to do than partake. Maybe I thought I didn't need it or it wasn't for me. Hum - I might have even thought there was better bread - bread easier to swallow - somewhere else. What a fool I was!
Don't leave the table when the bread of life is being served!

Be Strong and Courageous,

L.T.