Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Who is Jesus #13 (Bread cont.)

Recovering from the flu or a flu-like virus today. Still a little droopy but I think I will live.
The Jewish people couldn't imagine a day without bread. It was a staple. It was part of every meal. When Jesus did His "multiply the food" miracle he used the lunch of a little boy consisting of fish and bread. They couldn't imagine a day without bread. It wouldn't be a normal day without bread. It wouldn't be a good day without bread.
I wonder if we feel the same way about our "bread of life." It is just not a normal day without it/Him. I don't want a day without Him. It would not be a good day without Him. I have come to depend on that daily bread. It gives me spiritual sustenance for the day.
How about you? There's plenty to go around! Help yourself!

Be Strong and Courageous,

L.T.

No comments: