Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Who is Jesus? #74 (No one like Him)

No one came into the world quite like Jesus. I guess maybe John the Baptizer was close as his "ministry" on earth was delcared prior to his birth. But, Jesus was going to "save his people from their sins." His death was automatically announced in his birth announcement or pre-birth announcement. I am sure they didn't understand it that way; i.e. that to accomplish His mission He would have to die. Who would have understood it - except maybe those who had intently and honestly looked into the prophesies concerning the Messiah?
I know how excited I was when my wife informed me that "we" were pregnant with our children. There were four (not all at the same time) and the excitement never diminished. We prayed, before they were born, that they would be about God's business, that they would find the godly spouses that God was preparing for them, etc. But we could not have outlined their life in detail at the time they were born.
Jesus' life's work was wrapped up in His pre-birth proclamation "he will save His people from their sins." Thus they called him, "Savior."

No comments: