Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Who is Jesus? #71 (No one like Him)

No one knew, like Jesus, when it was time to speak and when it was time to be silent. What a lesson that I need to learn.
At one point during His excuse for a trial, Jesus said nothing (Matthew 26:63). That is not what I would have done. I would have been trying to defend myself.
The gospel of John records several things that Jesus said during his trial. None of them were attempts to refute the false charges but all were direct and to the point. They did nothing to "improve" the situation as far as his end was concerned. He was still going to the cross.
To speak or not to speak. On one occasion, Jesus walked right through a crowd ready to take his life for what he had been saying (Luke 4:30)
The power of Jesus came across even in silence.
The Bible records only seven things that Jesus said from the cross: the last, perhaps the most earth-shattering. "It is finished." With those three words (one word in Greek) a complete summary of His mission was pronounced.
Lord, please give me the wisdom to speak and to not speak and what I do say, may it be by You and Your power.

Be Strong and Courageous,


L.T.

No comments: