Friday, September 02, 2005

Who is Jesus? #69 (No one like Him)

No one except Jesus could look right through a person and see the condition of his/her heart.
"Here is a true Israelite, in whom there is nothing false." Our Lord made this observation about Nathaniel as he was being brought to Jesus by Philip.
Jesus, like His father, looks at the heart and see what is really there.
So often, we are duped by looking on the outside and "judging: right or wrong" what is on the inside. Jesus never misses. He is right on target.
Jesus saw who the Pharisees and Saducees really were. They, "honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me." He knew the hearts of his accusers before whom He underwent a mockery of a trial - a "jealous heart."
Two items for meditation,
1. Therefore, Jesus knows my heart. I can't fake Him out. "Create in me a clean heart, O God." I want Jesus to see a cleansed heart when He looks inside me.
2. Since I don't have this acute ability like Jesus, maybe I should stay out of the heart-judging business. Wait, I have been commanded NOT to do that: Matt 7:1ff!
Search my heart, O Lord and make it pure before You!

Be Strong and Courageous,

L.T.

No comments: