Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Who is Jesus? #70 (No one like Him)

No one, but no one, stood up to false teachers and false teaching like Jesus did! Of course, He knew a false teacher when He saw one and He knew false teaching when He heard it.
False teachers were those who were deliberately leading people off into a belief in something other than the unadulterated Word of God. It wasn't that they were accidentally wrong or mistaken.
False teachers promoted their false teachings in order to draw people to themselves - to have a following.
Jesus nailed them with words like, hypocrites, den of snakes and "do as I say do, not as I do."
People's souls were at stake and Jesus couldn't just stand by and let false teachers have their way with the hearts of the people.
What I need to recognize is that a false teacher is not somebody who simply disagrees with me, but who intentionally leads people away from the truth of God's Word and into their own flock of believers.
The caution here is for me not to be a false teacher.
Father, sanctify me in Your truth.

Be Strong and Courageous,

L.T.

No comments: