Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Who is Jesus? #57 (Forgiver Cont.)

"...how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Peter asks a legalistic question from a heart that does not understand forgiveness. Jesus' answer, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times" is not an indicator of limited forgiveness. Jesus is not playing a numbers game here when it comes to being forgiven.
Jesus says my extending of forgiveness to others is to be like His forgiveness extended to me: total, complete, all inclusive, nothing held back.
The master of forgiveness points the way. I have to forgive it all - every time - just as He did and does.
That's tough. Satan plays with my mind. He want me to remember, to hold grudges, to take revenge - to not forgive.
Being able to forgive others is mastered only when I understand the Master's forgiveness of me.

Be Strong and Courageous,

L.T.

No comments: