Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Who is Jesus? #52 (Forgiver Cont.)

What does it cost to be a forgiver? The Bible makes one things perfectly clear. "Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness," (Hebrews 9:22).
That's a pretty high price to pay. To shed blood means to sacrifice, give up one's life - to die. But I haven't shed any blood. My blood hasn't been spilled to forgive my sins or anyone elses. Forgiveness only comes after bloodshed.
Whose then? My sins but whose blood? I am seeking forgiveness at the expense of whose blood? Who would do that for me?
The cost of forgiveness is too great! Who would offer to pay such a high price and why would He/they do it?
In this life, if I think something costs too much, I don't get it. I won't pay it. I almost feel like parking my car because of the price of a gallon of gas.
Forgiveness comes with a high price tag.
Where's the blood?

Be Strong and Courageous,

L.T.

No comments: