Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Who is Jesus? #55 (Forgiver Cont.)

A real forgiver of sins is one who will forgive me even when I do not know what I am doing. These are the exact words of Jesus from the cross, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." They didn't know they were nailing Jesus to the cross?? They didn't know they were exposing my Lord to the worst shame and disgrace imaginable?? They didn't know that this was the most agonizing death imaginable??
They knew, but what they didn't know was that they were playing a part in an eternal scenario that would bring forgiveness to the entire world.
But, there are times when I sin not knowing what I am doing. I am counting on, though I do not deserve, the complete forgiveness of the Master.
I wonder how many times He has observed me and turned to His Father and said, "Forgive him, he doesn't know what he is doing."

Be Strong and Courageous,

L. T.

No comments: