Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Who is Jesus #107 (From the Apocalypse)


"His voice was like the sound of rushing waters" (Revelation 1:15b)
It rained here in Clovis yesterday. It rained pretty hard for Eastern New Mexico. Between the rain and driving through puddles of water on the road, I couldn't hear anything. I couldn't even hear my radio. All of that water making all of that noise made all of the other sounds indiscernible.
I remember taking a group of kids on a float trip down a river in Oklahoma several years ago. There was no way we could yell to each other from one canoe to the other when we were in the rapids. Most communication had to be done on the bank before we started. The sound of the rushing water was just too loud. Nothing else could be heard except the water.
There is so much competing for our attention today. There is a lot of noise out there. However, nothing can drown out the voice of the Savior. His message does not get through only when we do not listen.
Whatever Jesus has to do to communicate with me, I pray that it works.
Blessings,
L.T.

No comments: