Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Who is Jesus? #76 (No one like Him)

No one but no one had the "reach" of Jesus. For some reason an old song is going through my mind this afternoon. "Reach out to Jesus." The song has two really powerful verses and then comes the refrain:
"He is always there hearing every prayer, faithful and true.
Walking by His side, in His love we hide all the day through.
When you get discouraged, just remember what to do;
Reach out to Jesus. He's reaching out to you."
Those last five words are what get me. They are the summary of who Jesus is. He is reaching out to you/me. I see Him reaching out to the very young and the very old. I see Him reach out to the popular and the rejected. He reaches out to the intelligent and unlearned. He reached out to both blue collar and white collar workers. He reached out to the super-religious and to those ignorant of God. He reached out to the proud and to the lowly. His reach was to the happy and to "those that mourn." I see Him reaching for those who were alone and those who had a plethora of friends. He reaches to the kings as well as to the shepherds. He reaches out to the tax collector and well as to the governor.
No one escapes His reaching, but have I, in turn, reached out to Him?
Please, Lord, keep on reaching, I will take hold.

Be Strong and Courageous,

L.T.

No comments: