Monday, October 17, 2005

Who is Jesus? #79 (No one like Him)

Jesus, lover of my soul.
Jesus, I will never let you go.
You've taken me from the miry clay
Set my feet upon a rock and now I know.
I love you
I need you
Though my world will fall
I'll never let you go.
My savior, my friend
I will worship you until the very end
There is so much to say about the one and only Jesus. This is the song (done by Darlene Zschech) that is currently playing in my office as I work through several things as this work week begins. The song speaks of so many things Jesus has done for me, and my response to those things. He "loves my soul," has taken me from...and set my feet...," "my Savior, my friend." He is all that and more. He has done for me what He promised to do.
How have I responded. The song says "I love you, I need you," "I'll never let you go," and "I will worship you until the very end."
Are these just mindless words coming out of my mouth or do they reflect the life of commitment to the Savior that I so desperately want to live.
Jesus, thank you for being the, "Lover of my soul."
Be Strong and Courageous,
L.T.

No comments: