Friday, October 07, 2005

Who is Jesus? #77 (No one like Him)

Certainly, no one loved like Jesus loved. Of course He was a direct reflection of His father and "God is love! (I John 4:8)." To reflect God is to reflect His love; and, "God so loved the world...... (John 3:16)."
The uniqueness of all of this is how Jesus showed that love. Jesus wept at the tomb of his dear friend, Lazarus, and the people repsonded with, "See how He loved him! (John 11:36)."
The words of Jesus in John 15:13, "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." Jesus lived the very words that He spoke. If dying for your friends is the greatest expression of love and Jesus died for me, than I say, "Look, see how He loved me!"
We look into the scriptures and see how He loved his family. He obviously loved His friends. He loved those twelve, sometimes disappointing, disciples. He loved the woman at the well. He loved Zacchaeus. He loved the woman caught in adultery. He loved the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
No one fell outside of the love of Christ.
But he didn't stand on top of mountain or a tall building and yell through a bull horn, "I love you!" Instead it was on top of a garbage heap, nailed to a rough and rugged cross. When He said, "It is finished," I can almost hear Him say, "See, I told you I love you."
No greater love for someone like me.

Be Strong and Courageous,
L.T.

No comments: