Thursday, April 10, 2008

Who is Jesus? #123


"And I hold the keys of death and Hades." (Revelation 1:18)

I wonder if we ever wonder as to where it will all end or where eternity will begin for us after we die.
Do we doubt? If we do, are we not giving the key holder enough credit?
John told us, "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life." (I John 5:13).
Knowledge and confidence in the one who holds the keys is essential. He is not willing that any should perish. (II Peter 3:9).
Who else would we want to be holding those keys? Doesn't it build our confidence that the one who holds the keys is one who has experienced death Himself? This is not new territory for Him!
No matter what is behind that last door, I know Him who holds the keys.

No comments: