Friday, November 18, 2005

Who is Jesus? #84 (From the Apocalypse)

"and among the lampstands was someone 'like a son of man,' dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with golden sash around his chest." (Revelation 1:13).
He was right there among the gold lampstands, the churches. John gets this marvelous vision of Jesus and sees him as "someone like a son of man." What's that, John - a son of man?
No matter what other people called Jesus - The Messiah, The Christ, Savior, or Son of God, the way Jesus most often referred to Himself was with this appellation...the son of man. To call Him the "Son of God" was certainly accurate. He, indeed, was the Messiah. He was the Christ.
What about this son of man? Could it be that through this name, Jesus most closely relates to me? In calling Himself the son of man, He is reaching out to me...right where I live. He is saying, "Larry, I know what you are going through. I know what you are dealing with. I know you made a wrong turn back there, but I am still with you. I understand the temptations and trials of life. I went through them, too. I know you feel like you have failed, but I was there to pick you up. I took the form of a servant, a man, to be able to reach out to you."
Without this description of Jesus... The Son of Man... where would I be? How would I know that He knows? The important thing about a Relationship with Him is that He can Relate. He not only knows what I am going through and doing, but He knows and is the remedy!
Thanks for being The Son of Man.

Be Strong and Courageous,

L.T.