Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Who is Jesus? #120

"I am the Living One, I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever." (Revelation 1:18)

One can't, or at least I can't, leave this thought without talking about myself.

Being dead and then alive is an accurate description and depiction of what happens to us when we finally give in and give our lives over to Jesus.

The New Testament definitely points out that without Jesus we were/are dead! People don't want to hear that today. But it is, nevertheless, true.

We are brought to life through and by Jesus Christ. We no longer have anything to do with death. It has no victory or sting (I Corinthians 15). The only dying we do now is to self (Romans 6) and to sin (Romans 7).

Between the death and becoming alive again is a glorious resurrection!

Can we not or should we not be able to walk up to people and say, " I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever."

It is great to be alive!

Blessings,

L.T.

No comments: