Thursday, January 03, 2008

Who is Jesus? #116


" I am the first and the last, (Revelation 1:17)."

I am sitting in my somewhat cluttered office today determining that my blogging would be more regular than in the past year. Last year was both an amazing year as well as a trying one.
I still want to learn more about Jesus and try more and more to become more like Him. That happens to be our theme for our church this year, "Becoming More Like Him."
I am still stuck on this thought of Jesus being the first and the last. As I look around my office at the shelves lined with books, there are several bookends. There is a section on the New Testament with bookends at each end. There is section on family with bookends at each end. There is a section of books I need to read (way too many) with bookends at each end.
Everything that my library has to say on that particular subject can be found between the first and last bookend. As far as my library is concerned that is the only place you need to go.
That is what Jesus is. He is the first and the last. Everything you want to know about things spiritual will be found in Jesus. Stop short of the first bookend and you have stopped way too short. Go beyond the last bookend and you are going way too far.
Everything you and I need to know is right there between the first and the last. His name is Jesus!
Let's pull the book down off of the shelf and read!

Blessings,

L.T.

No comments: