Friday, January 04, 2008

Who is Jesus? #117

" I am the first and the last, (Revelation 1:17)."

Can't let it go, yet. There is just too much here in this description of Jesus.
Have you ever been in an argument with someone or maybe in a fight and either you or they said, "You started this but I am going to finish it."
It seems that in this life we rarely get to complete something like it was originally intended. I have lost count of how many projects I have started that either didn't reach completion (learning Spanish) or did not reach completion in the fashion I have imagined.
Even Solomon commented that no matter what we may accomplish in our life that it will all be handed over to someone else when we die.
Jesus is an amazing exception to this fact of life.
He completed with amazing power in Jerusalem what started in the mind of God way before creation. What if there had been a manger but no cross? It was announced to Joseph and Mary that Jesus would be the Savior. When His earthly ministry was complete, His mission was also complete. He started it and He finished it.
Quite obviously, to be more like Jesus I need to finish for Him what I start.

Thank you Jesus for finishing!

Blessings,

L.T.

No comments: