Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Who is Jesus? #62 (Forgiver Cont.)

He was a common thief. Who knows how long he had been engaged in that lifestyle. Maybe he had been a thief since his childhood. Maybe he had only stolen one time, but got caught. He was punished for his law breaking right at the side of the Savior.
What right did He have to ask for forgiveness? "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom," (Luke 23:42). No, Jesus. Don't do it!. He hadn't remembered you or your father with his life. What is this - a last minute confession and repentance?
"I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise," (vs. 43). Jesus did it. He forgave him!
You know, we are not any different. It makes no difference when we come to Jesus to be forgiven. What is important/urgent is that we do it!
If I don't have the heart to "allow" the thief to be forgiven, then I do not understand Forgiveness or the Forgiver.
Today, Jesus, remember me!

Be Strong and Courageous,

L.T.

No comments: