Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Who is Jesus? #61 (Forgiver Cont.)

It is almost an impossible situation. Someone says there is no way that Jesus will forgive me. He doesn't know all I have done. I have been too terrible - too black - too sinfull - too rebellious. He will just look right past me.
I think I have felt that way, myself, in times past.
Let's take a look at the forgiver of sins.
Jesus forgave a prostitute. Jesus forgave a dishonest tax collector. Jesus' forgiveness gave a man spiritual healing when he came looking for physical healing. Jesus forgave that thief hanging right there beside Him. Jesus asked God to forgive those who were responsible for crucifying Him. Jesus forgave one who captured and brought Christians to their execution - Paul.
He forgave liars, adulterers, prostitutes, false witnesses, those that drove the nails in His hands, the ones who mocked Him, those who spit at him, those murderers who killed him.
Jesus' forgiveness meets everyone everywhere no matter where they have been.
Something for us to consider. Is it that we don't think Jesus can forgive us because we can't seem to forgive ourselves?
God's hand is not too short to reach out and forgive everyone.

Be Strong and Courageous,

L.T.