Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Who is Jesus #44 (Savior Cont.)

"It is finished." (John 19:30). What was finished? The perfect and perfecting sacrifice had been made. (Hebrews 10:10). It was ONE sacrifice for ALL sins of everyone. (Hebrews 10:12). It is a sacrifice that makes us holy. (Hebrews 10:14).
There was/is so much I needed/need that could only be done through the death of Jesus on the cross.
The sacrifice was complete/finished. The purpose/mission of Jesus was complete. His obedience to the Father was complete. His perfection was complete. His atonement was complete - atonement for us.
Sometimes, I say something is "finished" when I really mean I am going to stop working on it now or I have done all I can do. It's not really finished, I've just gone as far as I can go. As far as I am concerned, it is done.
When Jesus said it is finished, it was complete is every way. There was nothing left for some else to do or "clean up."
Thank you, Jesus, for being so thorough

Be Strong and Courageous,

L.T.

No comments: