Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Who is Jesus? #115


" I am the first and the last, (Revelation 1:17)."

How does one get to be both first and last? I remember as a kid when it came time to "choose" teams, those who got picked first where the "good" players and the last ones were the left-overs. I always felt sorry for the last ones -especially if it was me! Whatever the reason, you couldn't be both first and last.

What was John supposed to get from this description of Jesus and what are we to receive?

I have heard some parents say, rather facetiously, "I brought you into this world and I will take you out"

Though spoken sarcastically by men it may have some spiritual meaning with reference to Jesus. He brought us into the world of spiritual relationship with the Father by His blood and He will ultimately take us home. He was there at the First and He will be there at the End.

John needed to both hear this and communicate it to His audience of troubled Christians.
I need to hear it to. When it comes right down to it, the Christian's life is all wrapped up in Jesus.
He was there at the first. He will be there at the end. He is everywhere in between.
Blessings,
L.T.

No comments: