Friday, November 09, 2007

Who is Jesus? #114

When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as though dead. Then He placed His right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid, I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades." (Rev 1:17-18)

Nails tore through the feet of Jesus. A sinful woman washed His feet with her tears and dried them with her hair as a preparation for burial. Truly, "how beautiful are the feet."

Most of us probably consider the feet among the most uncomely parts of the body. I know mine are. But what do you do when you get a gllimpse of Jesus like John did in Revelation? I don't believe you reach up to shake His hand or pat Him on the back.

The song goes, "We fall down. We lay our crowns at the feet of Jesus."

Those feet were like "bronze glowing in a furnace (vs. 15). No wonder he was afraid.

Maybe we haven't fallen down like a dead man at the feet of Jesus because we really haven't seen Him for who He is in all His glory, majesty, and power. Maybe we have overused the idea of Jesus being our buddy. Nobody loved Him more than John but found Himself down on the ground before the awesome Son of God.

Once I dicover who Jesus is I will fall down at His feet as though dead.

Blessings,

L.T.

No comments: