Friday, June 18, 2010

Who is Jesus? #134


I guess Jesus has been something a little different to most everyone. Just which Jesus do you need? Does that need change from time to time? Is there something inherently wrong with the concept of differing views of Jesus? Or, when it comes to Jesus, is it one size fits all.?
Off and on for several years I have been blogging concerning the question, "Who is Jesus?" It's been quite a journey. I have 231 more entries to go.
One person He is for everyone is Savior. Everyone is in need of salvation - you, me, everyone! He is also healer, priest, Lord, teacher, and so much more.
There have been those who have tried to make Jesus into what they wanted/needed Him to be. Some wanted Him to assume the throne is Jerusalem and reign over His kingdom from the earth. Others wanted Him to socialize with the elite of society and were frustrated by His association with sinners, tax collectors, uneducated, and the poor. Some remained interested as long He could continue to amaze them with miracles - an entertainer of sorts, I guess.
My temptation is to berate these people for not understanding who Jesus was and trying to make Him into something He was not. I stop short of the berating and wonder if I/we have not done the same thing from time to time.
I know He is the sin forgiver, but from time to time maybe I expect Him to be the sin over looker - especially mine. I know He is a dispenser of infinite love, but just maybe He could be a love withholder - especially with those that I have trouble loving. I know He is the greatest of teachers, but couldn't He just drop into the teacher's assistant role and let me take over -I know there are those who need His teaching a lot worse than I do and I hope they are listening. I know He wants to be the pilot, but sometimes a co-pilot allows me a little more freedom to be in control - go where I want to go. Shame on me and you for not letting Jesus bloom into the lives of every person in every way with everything that He is.

1 comment:

Trey Morgan said...

"I know He is the sin forgiver, but from time to time maybe I expect Him to be the sin over looker - especially mine."

Great quote ... I feel the exact same way.