Monday, August 22, 2005

Who is Jesus? #66 (No one like Him)

Jesus was and is the only person who has ever lived or ever will live who understood the will of God, perfectly. So often he reminded his hearers, usually the twelve, that He had to be about doing the will of His Father. Those apostles didn't understand that. I am sure I wouldn't have either. I certainly don't have perfect understanding of it today.
There was nothing He did or said, that was outside of the will of His Father. Every breath He took was an expression of His Father. The will of the Father was the driving force in His life!
From being about His Father's business at age twelve until praying that the will of His Father be done while sweating drops of blood as though it were sweat, it was all about His Father's will and purpose. His Father's will for Him was the cross. There was no denying it and no avoiding it for Him.
He, unlike me, understood it perfectly.
Father grant me further and deeper insights into your will. I thirst!

Be Strong and Courageous,

L.T.

No comments: